The Temple was originally located at Kushastali (Cortalim) on
the banks of river Aghanashini and was shifted to present place
in 1560 A.D. The Mahajanas belong to Vatsa and Kaundinya Gotras
having surnames Shenoy, Bhandary, Rajadhyaksha, Dalavi, Bhise
etc. Annual Jatra of the Saunsthan is celebrated from Magha Panchami
onwards. Navaratri and Shivaratri are observed grandly with Makharotsava,
etc. The temple has Agrashalas with well equipped rooms for the
benefit of yatris.
Shree Parushuram had brought along with him 66 brahmins and had
them settled in gomantak area. In these 66 brahmins were two brahmins
of Vatsya and Kaudinya gotra who brought along with them their
kul diavat shree Mangesh and had their diety installed in Kushastali
which is now called Kuttal or Kudthali. Shree Devsharma is the
Mul purush of Vatsya gotra and shree Shivsharma is the Mul purush
of Kaudinya gotra.